Put your marching band in front of 50,000 cheering spectators during the halftime show of this prominent New Year's Day College Bowl Game! Taking place in sunny Tampa, this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to perform at the Outback Bowl can be a full band program experience. In addition to marching at the bowl game, students will participate in the official Outback Bowl Parade on New Year's Eve, an awards ceremony and a fireworks celebration at Busch Gardens. They also have the option to compete in field show, jazz and concert band competitions adjudicated by renowned professionals, as well as national-level clinics.
Opportunities for marching bands during the Outback Bowl festivities include:
- Performance in the New Year's Day Outback Bowl Halftime Show
- Featured performance in the Outback Bowl Pregame Show by the winner of the field show competition
- Performance in the Outback Bowl Parade in Ybor City
- Reception for directors and clinicians
- Optional performance in the field show competition
- Optional performance for concert and jazz bands in the National Outback Bowl Music Festival, and clinics with nationally recognized adjudicators
- New Year's Eve party with activities and an awards presentation
- Full-time tour director for each school
Since the first Outback Bowl Halftime Show, more than 84,000 performers from 447 high school bands, representing 32 states and Canada have performed.
The 2016 Outback Bowl Halftime Show brought more than 2,800 performers onto the field. Part of the show was televised live on ESPN. Organizing a performance with this record number of students was such a feat that the Pyware drill design software company featured the event on its homepage.
Bands traveling to Tampa for the annual Outback Bowl Parade and Music Festival can take advantage of numerous educational sights and attractions in the Tampa area, including:
- Busch Gardens
- Lowry Park Zoo
- MOSI Museum of Science & Industry
- The Florida Aquarium
Email: Maggie Vnuk
, Brightspark Events Coordinator
8750 Bryn Mawr Ave, Suite 450E, Chicago, IL 60631
If you're interested in entering your band in the Outback Bowl Parade and Music Festival,
please click here to request an application online
or contact Maggie Vnuk at the info above.